Celebrities and the international star jet set crowd are not the only people in the world who have the opportunity to travel or go away on vacation. People looking to celebrate an anniversary, to go on a honeymoon, or to simply have a relaxing pamperer get away can book rooms and suites at the very same places that so many famous people and international stars travel when they go on vacation. Here’s the comprehensive list from the folks at Hotels.com, naming thier choices for the BEST “EST” hotels in the world to stay at while on holiday, professional business trip, or extended vacation. Well, maybe making a reservation is not always quite so easy as booking a room at http://www.hotels.com can be, but hey — travel lovers can dream, can’t we?
Posts Tagged ‘Kae Davis’
Enthusiasts from Northern Virginia and DC Metro welcome Ferrari Club rallies to Gilligan’s Island Event in Chesapeake Bay RegionThursday, June 4, 2009
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Excerpt from the Exotic Car Examiner
Members and friends of the Ferrari Club of the Mid-Atlantic region will be gathering Saturday June 6, 2009 [or Sunday June 7, 2009 if rain sets in on the Mid-Atlantic region] for a very special special afternoon car show event. Showcasing some of the finest Ferrari cars and creating an open and friendly outdoor Concourse BBQ environment, host Dennis Gilligan of Craftsman Developers (www.craftsmandevelopers.com) and family would like to invite all Ferrari fans and exotic car enthusiasts nationwide to attend his Italian auto-show Americana-inspired charity benefit for the Hospice of Chesapeake Bay. Visit www.autopopnews.com for more information.
# # #
Charity Event benefiting the Chesapeake Bay Hospice Center
Saturday, June 6 (11:00 – 5:00pm)
Rallying at the Maryland waterfront estate of Dennis and Peggy Gilligan, car owners from all over the Southeast and Mid-Atlantic region will be showcasing more than 50 privileged Ferraris, all pristine and displayed Concours D’Elegance style at this second annual summer kick-off party event. There’s more news however, as the Italianizzato Club muscle has been hard at work again.
Just this week, host Dennis Gilligan has expressly agreed to extend the invitation for other brands of exotic cars to plan a day trip down to visit the estate and showcase their vehicles. That’s big news for owners of other marquees like Maserati, Lamborghini, Alfa Romeo, Lancia, and custom American muscle classics and exotics like the Ford GT. You see, originally, the rumor spread that Ferrari club guys were not going to allow non-owners to visit or other car models on the private acres if we tried to attend.
What did event host and property owner Dennis Gilligan say when he heard that other exotic car club members were not being included in the Ferrari event invitation? “Are you kidding? My place is huge. Everyone I know in the Ferrari club is friendly and loves all kinds of cars. Everybody is welcome”
The Gilligan family says, “Bring your Exotic Car (or boat for that matter as dock slips/anchorage are available) and share our home and pool overlooking Rock Creek. Reservations [on the main field] will be limited to the first 75 Exotic Cars and there is room to display 75 more” Dennis also indicated that there is ample parking for all methods of transportation on his land. All he’s asked is that the Ferrari field, as a Ferrari club sanctioned event, exotic or show cars, and daily driver commuter parking be kept separate for the purpose of photography and creating ambiance.
Included in the cost of admission is a catered lunch by Annapolis favorite barbecue restaurant Adam’s Ribs. Cost of entry includes beverages, “All the sodas and beer your can drink” says Dennis (sorry kids — 21 and up on the alcoholic beverages and yes, ID will be checked). The cost, just $45.00 per person, is fully tax deductible with 100% of the proceeds provided to the Hospice of the Chesapeake. You do not need to own or be showing an exotic car to participate in this event. All guests over the age of 16 are welcome; please contact the event host to make special arrangements for wheelchair or handicapped participants.
Early registrants planing to display cars sent check by postal mail to the event location address: Dennis Gilligan, 1316 Water Oak Drive, Pasadena, MD 21122. Late car show entries should immediately email the EXOTIC CAR EXAMINER at firstname.lastname@example.org to express interest in joining the show this weekend (and include .jpg photos of their car along with make, model, year, and other pertinent contact details for the Gilligans to help be prepared for post-event coverage). Photos from the event should also be mailed in high resolution .jpg format and bundled in Zip file format.
Please email Dennis Gilligan (email@example.com)
or call 410-320-5878 for more information
about the Gilligan’s Island Event,
including for assistance with directions.
Expect Dennis Gilligan and son Conor of Craftsman Developers to help host an awards ceremony featuring People’s Choice and various door prizes.
DON’T FORGET TO THANK THE FOLLOWING EVENT SPONSORS AND DC METRO AREA PARTICIPANTS:
Craftsman Developers www.craftsmandevelopers.com (host)
Adams Ribs www.adamsribs.com (catering)
Ferrari Club of America – Mid Atlantic Region www.fca-mar.com
Maserati of Baltimore www.maseratiofbaltimore.com
Ferrari of Washington www.ferrariofwashington.com (Jack Davis, sales)
Italianizzato Club www.italianizzato.com
Compitzione & Sports Car www.competizionecars.com
Radcliffe Motorcar Company www.rmccar.com
Porsche of Annapolis www.porscheofannapolis.com (Mike Mauer, sales)
Artist – Randy Owens www.randyowens.com (festival art)
Exotic Car Examiner by Connections Prep (Media Marketing Services) www.autopopnews.com
Ron Spangler www.prancinghorsefarm.com
Bruce Hamilton’s F430 Challenge Car “Smurf” for Wounded Warriors Project
- Related Links
- Gilligan’s Island Event Promo
- Auto Pop Media Event Promotion Services
- Special Event News for Ferrari, Maserati, and Lambroghini Enthusiasts
Ferrari Maserati of Washington and Lamborghini Washington Guests Invited to Maserati of Baltimore for Valentine Night “Sweetheart Social 2009” Chocolate Party and Luxury Product Vendor Showcase Gift ShoppingThursday, January 22, 2009
TICKET & RSVP INFORMATION FOR THE 2009 SWEETHEART SOCIAL:
- Tickets will be available online for advance purchase starting January 22nd, 2009 and will remain on sale at discount prices until the close of business February 10th.
- Advanced ticket purchase is required.
- NO DOOR SALES.
- BUY YOUR TICKETS EARLY TO GUARANTEE ADMISSION: Space is definitely limited for this intimate and exclusive social gathering, so plan to purchase your tickets in advance.
- Due to the nature of the holiday, the event itself will be restricted to ages over 21 unless accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to make special ticket purchases by check through Maserati of Baltimore.
EARLY RSVP COST:
$40 per couple
$25 per solo single
Advanced purchase discounts (purchases must be made before 2/10/2009 to be eligible)…
Please inquire for table reservations for groups of 6 or more.
DATE NIGHT AT MASERATI OF BALTIMORE GUESTS WILL BE TREATED TO THE FOLLOWING:
Guests of the dealership will enjoy the opportunity to window shop the most glamorous of celebrity rides for sale in the Baltimore Washington DC Metro up close and personal while relaxing in style:
* New Maserati Quattroporte, Granturismo, and Granturismo S on display and ready to order * Previously Owned Maserati, Lamborghini, and Ferrari for sale * Each couple registering will receive a voucher for a daytime ride in a Maserati Quattroporte valid during the month of February 2009 [valid at Maserati of Baltimore or Maserati of Washington]
Explore vendor booths with specialty products that all luxury products enthusiasts would like to have, keep, carry, or wear… available for gift giving or pocketbook friendly impulse buy purchasing:
* Silver Jewelry, Diamonds, and Watches * Artisan Jewelry and Beaded handbags * Fine Art from Galleries for Sale or Lease * Handmade Gourmet Boxed Chocolate from Baltimore Chocolatier Kim Rigby * Teddy Bears for sweethearts and kids… compliments of Signature Flight Support Services with proceeds going to the March of Dimes * Custom Clothing Designer Showcase by Kustom Looks * Boutique Merchandise for Fashion Divas from the finest of Baltimore Washington DC Metro Shops [serving local residents of MD, DC, & VA] * Race Fan Motosports Merchandise and Memorabilia from M.O.B. * Designer Handbags and Fashion Apparel * Maserati Luggage and Exotic Car Travel Accessories * Ducati and Motoguzzi Motorcycles and Riding Apparel by Speeds Cycle * Home Theater and Lighting Systems Kiosk by Silver Screen and Sound * Maserati Product Explanation by Automotive Rhythms Television *
Maserati of Baltimore promises to set just the right mood for a visit from Cupid:
* Parking with VIP Guest Reception compliments of Park 4 U Valet * Mingle with networking friends or relax in quiet getaway spots positioned thoughtfully throughout the dealership * Sip cocktails by the Leaping fountains on display compliments of Xibitz * Stroll while you shop vendor booths while enjoying dessert bites passed by waitstaff * Sample plentiful chocolate indulgences throughout the night from the Parfections buffet * Register as a Volunteer for the upcoming March of Dimes “Signature Chefs Auction” or set a date to attend their event with a lover, family member, or group of friends this Fall * Preview local artists’ work showcased gallery style for the evening (to promote romantic insight through casual conversation) * Bundle up, take cappucino outside, and browse the “Rock Star Parking” area car displays (perfect reason for stay warm hand holding) *
VISIT http://www.italianizzato.com (A SPECIAL EVENTS BLOG FOR THINGS TO DO FOR EXOTIC CAR AND LUXURY PRODUCTS LOVERS IN THE MID-ATLANTIC REGION) FOR UPDATES ON ARTISTS AND VENDORS SHOWCASES–UPDATING WEEKLY…
PLEASE NOTE: Maserati of Baltimore is a “handicapped-friendly” facility. Please email MOBReception@gmail.com to have special needs accomodations met by the Guest services staff in attendance.
Realtor.com shows online marketing surpasses all other media when it comes to marketing your home for sale.Tuesday, March 4, 2008
Just the facts… Realtor.com has been funding some really big research projects and has released that for the year 2008, people seeking information about the local housing market are 500% more likely to sell a home if it has been advertised on the Internet (rather than simply relying on the newspaper). To those of us living in the Dulles Technology Corridor, this comes as no surprise; but for many people and agents in the housing markets nationwide, they are scratching their heads wondering why properties not aggressively marketed by Internet are not selling at as fast a rate…
With the release of these new stats that show the dramatic rise in popularity of the Internets, these same folks can look back with 20/20 vision in hindsight and say, “Who knew?”. To that I would just laugh and answer, “Anybody under 40 or anyone living in Loudoun County–that’s who.”
Cheers, everyone. May all your internet footprints be left in the soft sand of the virtual beach standing on the edge of the real estate marketing ocean. Thanks for the statistical support Realtor.com–those of us out here who love the net and all the positive life changes the web has the power to bring us are really grateful to you.
Nearest metro area: Washington-Arlington-Alexandria
Median home price: $625,000
Median household income: $96,588
Unemployment rate: 2%
Commute time: 33.6 minutes
Violent crime index: 2
Looking for market watch information on Real Estate home sales in Northern Virginia? Check out the following links to Coldwell Banker reports. Listing total inventory on the market (as reported by MRIS), under contract, price changes, back on market, and new listings, the reports are vary helpful to real estate sales professionals, owners, and potential incoming buyers for our DC Metro region. These post links reflect 2007 sales figures.
— January 1, 2008 —
The 2008 New Year brings us hope and an opportunity for fresh thinking by casting away past difficulties. Today’s real estate market fits that new-year situation exactly. Just over two years ago, the real estate market was at its peak in number of sales and in the price of houses. The current oversupply of homes for sale in many of our areas is the reason for the decrease in home prices since an oversupply of any commodity puts downward pressure on prices (see the graphs by county for your area). However, just because prices are down, there is no reason that the number of homes purchased should be down. In fact, with interest rates lower now than one year ago and still in the range of 40-year lows, most buyers can purchase a larger home than they could two years ago. Mortgage money is freely available except for those who should not be getting a mortgage anyway.
So who is today’s real estate market good for? Today’s buyers who have the best housing situation in years – many housing choices available at reasonable prices with lower interest mortgage money available. Also, sellers who will be buyers right away may sell their property for a little less than hoped for, but can buy one for so much less than in the past. And sellers who price their houses in line with the current market are selling them in weeks instead of months.Let the pessimists be gone. See the current real estate market in its true light – a market that is perfect for buyers and also sellers who will then be buyers. With my expertise in handling the real estate market with fresh thinking, I can assist you or anyone you know in taking advantage of today’s opportunities in real estate.